Last modified: February 16, 2021
Frontier Bank (“Frontier” or “We” or “Us” or “Our”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the FrontierGo, FrontierBB, or FB MyCard mobile applications (collectively, the “Apps”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect:
- In the Apps.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages sent through or in connection with the Apps.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other applications or websites you may access through the Apps; or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any website or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Apps.
Our websites and other applications, and these other third parties have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Apps are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Apps. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Apps, register on the Apps, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at 1-844-465-6254 or go to frontbank.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Apps, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, zip code, email address, telephone number, account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification or verification numbers, social security number, mobile device location, and other information that we can use to contact you, verify your identity, provide the functionality available through use of the Apps, and manage risks, such as information maintained about you by identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, and payment and other transaction information, and history for payments and other transactions in which you participate through the Apps, and any information that you may enter into information blocks present in the Apps interfaces or made available through the services (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- About your internet connection, the mobile device you use to access our Apps, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Apps. Information collected automatically may include usage details and information collected through cookies.
- Your use of the Apps, and your interactions with customer care, including information you enter or speak, and information transmitted by your computer or mobile device or other devices you use as part of your receipt of our services.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners (such as for fraud detection).
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Apps may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Apps. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Apps, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Apps.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Apps.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Apps, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Apps, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Apps.
- Information about your mobile device and internet connection, including your device’s unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and device’s telephone number.
- The Apps may also access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book
- This App collects real-time information about the location of your device.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Apps and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Apps according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Apps.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Apps.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Apps may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit companies, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related application statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain application’s content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Apps and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To effect, administer and enforce transactions.
- To perform fraud screening, to prevent actual or potential fraud and unauthorized transactions.
- To verify your identity and the information you provide.
- To perform collections and report to credit bureaus (including furnishing delinquent account information).
- To comply with laws, regulations, court orders and lawful instructions from government agencies.
- To protect the personal safety of users of the services or the public, to prevent and defend claims, to resolve disputes.
- To customize, measure, and improve the services provided through the Apps, including pattern recognition, modeling, enhancement and improvement, system analysis, and performance analysis.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Apps.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure and Sharing of Your Information
- For everyday business purposes, such as to process your transactions and report to credit bureaus.
- For our marketing purposes, to offer our products and services to you.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Frontier Bank’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Frontier Bank about our Apps users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Frontier Bank, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Apps and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We do not meet the conditions as outlined in Section 1798.140 of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) and therefore are not subject to CCPA requirements. For specific information related to your ability to access and correct your personal information, see Accessing and Correcting Your Information above.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, including but not limited to security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. We also require our service providers and business partners to whom we disclose the information to do the same. When you enter sensitive information (such as a debit or credit card number) into the Apps, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology. We may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Apps. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Apps.